Monday, April 8, 2013

Hitch or ditch: Animal ear headbands

Cover of NYLON Magazine in September 2012

I had to bring back our Hitch or Ditch column for this latest trend I've seen pop up in a few places recently - animal ear headbands. I won't lie, I first spotted the cat ears in Taylor Swift's recent music video for her song "22." Then I saw a character on NBC's show "Deception" rocking bunny ears, followed by Lucy Hale (from "Pretty Little Liars") posting photos on her Instagram account wearing a cat ear headband. A quick Google search found the above cover photo from NYLON Magazine of "Glee" star Lea Michele with cat ears - is this what sparked the trend?

Taylor Swift in her "22" music video

ASOS seems to be the place to purchase animal ear headbands, namely cat ears, and prices them from $10 and up. What are your thoughts on rocking a headband with animal ears?

1 comment: