Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Weekly Tune-Up: honeyhoney


If She & Him added a little country twang, it would sound a whole lot like honeyhoney. I cannot get enough of this indie-country duo - if that isn't a genre, it should be to accommodate this group. Their album "Billy Jack" quickly won a spot in my heart and in my CD player/on my iTunes. Suzanne Santo's voice has a rich, honest quality to it that cannot be ignored and when matched with Ben Jaffe's guitar work, it's an undeniably winning combination.

A couple standout tracks to me are "Don't Know How," "Old Friends" and "LA River." Their ability to switch from upbeat and happy to dark and somber between tracks and keep you listening the whole way through is incredible. Check out the track "Turn That Finger Around" below.

No comments:

Post a Comment