Thursday, January 26, 2012

Weekly tune-up

Music I'm loving right now . . . The Way It Was by Parachute


Listen to while . . . driving around with your sister. Or your best friend. Or yourself.

(As always, there's a little more after the jump)
I've always had a thing for boy bands - I can't stop loving them. Not all of them, but let's just say if NSYNC had a reunion tour I would be in line with you for tickets. Seeing as how my sister was with me through my boy band phase (she felt as lucky to be there as you think she did), she knows my weakness for boy bands. Which is probably why she put a few songs by Parachute on the mix CD she made me for my birthday.

Hailing from Virginia, Parachute has been hitting the music scene hard since they graduated from college in 2008. They've toured with the likes of O.A.R., Switchfoot and Matt Nathanson, along with other acts I'm a fan of. Their first album, "Losing Sleep" debuted in 2009 and off it came the single "She Is Love." I remember the song but I didn't like it, which is probably why I didn't know the band's name until now.

"The Way It Was" is their second album and was released last year. Since I really didn't like "She Is Love," I'm going out on a limb here and saying their sophomore album is better than their first. My sister put "What I Know," "Kiss Me Slowly" and "Something to Believe In" on my CD and I love all three, they're still my favorite tracks.

Pretty typical boy band music, but I know I'm not the only one with NSYNC and Hanson on her iPod. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment