Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Where burgers come from

My parents took me out to dinner Saturday at a place in Akron called The Rail.


I'm already in love. I love their branding and the space - both were clean, minimal and well-designed. Oh and of course, I loved the food. Not only that, but The Rail prides itself on "keeping it local," which I also love. Their burgers are made from Ohio-sourced beef and their menu features beer from local breweries such as Great Lakes, Thirsty Dog, Lagerheads and The Brew Kettle.



I ordered "The Tourist" burger which comes with avocado spread, spinach, red pepper mayonnaise and red onion. My mom had heard that their milkshakes were worth getting too so I ordered a strawberry one, and my parents and I also split an order of their homemade fries. I was not disappointed by a single thing I ordered.

Don't be put off by the small appearance of the burgers, they really fill you up and they're absolutely delicious (I highly recommend The Tourist). The hand-dipped milkshake and the chips were the perfect compliments to the burger. Their prices are a little on the high side for burgers and milkshakes (their burgers range from about $7-11) but this spot is definitely worth multiple return visits. In fact, I plan to be back for their beer class in early February . . .

Check them out
Location: 3265 W. Market St. Akron, Ohio 44333 (at Summit Mall, right by P.F. Chang's)
Hours: Sunday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. and Friday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
They also do carry-out orders - their phone number is (330) 864-RAIL (7245)

No comments:

Post a Comment