Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Snack on this

I recently discovered the food blog A Cozy Kitchen and now I can't get enough. I'm not the most skilled in the kitchen, but I'm trying and I'm learning a lot. So when I saw a recipe on A Cozy Kitchen for super simple almond butter, I thought hey why not. It was super simple and super tasty, so here you go . . .


All you need for this at-home almond butter is a food processor, some almonds, a little bit of salt and some honey if you'd like. Pour as many almonds as you want in the food processor and start up the processor. It does take a while to get the consistency right and you will have to stop to scrape the sides here and there. When you get it creamy (it took me about 15 minutes) add in a bit of salt and some honey if you feel like it and then continue blending for a few more minutes. All in all, I think it took me about 20 minutes to come out with my finished product. I simply scooped it into a Tupperware dish and stuck it in the fridge when it was done.

I can't wait to spread this on some toast for breakfast!

-Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment