Thursday, September 22, 2011

Weekly tune-up

Music I'm loving right now . . . "Michael Jackson" by Das Racist


Photo via Google images

Listen to while . . . throwing a party with your closest friends.

(More information after the jump . . .)

I'm not the biggest rap or hip-hop fan. But there is a special spot in my iPod for Das Racist. This hip-hop group is based out of Brooklyn and went viral online around 2008 with their song "Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell." Not my favorite song, but it did lead me to the rest of their mixtapes, which I really enjoy. They are humorous and clever with their lyrics and I really love the little references they slip into all their songs - one of my favorites being ". . . shut the Dior" in their song "Fashion Party." Das Racist can be a little much sometimes with their lyrics (i.e. offensive) but for the most part I find them to be pretty funny and smart.

They just released their first album, "Relax," after previously releasing a couple mixtapes last year, and "Michael Jackson" is the first single off it. Since I haven't had a chance to listen to the entire album just yet, I thought I would stick to recommending the only song I have heard.

-Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment