Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Best sandwiches in Akron

I honestly can't believe that we've been blogging for a little over a year now and Mr. Zub's has yet to make an appearance. My sincere apologies.

I love every thing about Mr. Zub's Deli - the branding is beyond awesome, as is the food. All of their sandwiches are named after movie characters, my go-to's are usually the Uncle Rico (grilled roast beef with onion and chive cream cheese and tater tots on a plain bagel) and the Jason Voorhees (steak, egg and cheeses on a plain bagel). But tonight I branched out because they recently released their new fall menu.



I tried the Pepper Lewis, which is usually a wrap but I asked for it on a plain bagel. It comes with chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion and ranch. Definitely one of Zub's simpler menu options but it didn't disappoint in the least.


AJ went the spicier route and ate The Kid - deep fried jalapeno and cheese ravioli stacker. I don't think I need to tell you it was also phenomenal, look at his face. I can't even begin to dive into their menu, it's huge and has something for everyone so be sure to take a look on their website.

Every time any of my friends stay with me, I always make sure to fill them up with Mr. Zub's before they leave, and the next time you're in the Akron area I suggest you do the same. They're open until 3 a.m. (which is again, awesome) and they're connected to a bar (The Matinee) so you can also choose from a wide variety of beers and alcohol to go along with your sandwich if you want.


Did I mention I'm in love with their branding?

Check them out
Location: 812 W. Market St.  Akron, Ohio  44303
Hours: Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m. - 3 a.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m. - 2 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment