Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Weekly tune-up

Music I'm loving right now . . . The Natural Road by The Floorwalkers


Listen to while . . . getting yourself in a great mood. Or wishing for summer.

(As always, there's more after the jump)

I had the opportunity to see this Cleveland/Columbus, Ohio band at the House of Blues in Cleveland this past Saturday, and I am so glad I did. They opened for Red Wanting Blue to a sold-out crowd and the energy these guys brought was palpable.

Their folksy/bluesy/rock sound was amazing and it was impeccably led by lead singer Jonathan Elliot's soulful voice. From their energetic, charged songs to their slower, emotional songs, The Floorwalkers had the crowd captivated as soon as they stepped on stage. And I still can't get them out of my head - they remind me of summer, which I love on gray Ohio winter days.

Normally I'd tell you a couple of my favorite tracks, but I don't even think I could pick. So go check out their Facebook page, listen to their music and buy their album. I promise you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment