Thursday, February 23, 2012

Weekly tune-up

Music I'm loving right now . . . Into the Woods by Of Monsters and Men


Listen to while . . . relaxing after (or during) a long day at work.

(There's a little more after the jump)

Someone at work recommended Of Monsters and Men to me after I told them I had been listening to a lot of Mumford and Sons lately. Definitely one of the best recommendations I've gotten for music recently.

Hailing from Iceland, this six-person indie band is perfect for unwinding after a long day. So put your feet up, turn on their EP Into the Woods and prepare to be smitten. Their soft melodies are uplifting and extremely catchy, and I fell in love with their vocalists and how well their voices intertwine. All the songs have a dreamy, whimsical quality to them that really hooked me.

Their debut album, My Head is an Animal, will be released in North America on April 3. So if you're a fan of bands like Arcade Fire or Mumford and Sons, definitely give Of Monsters and Men a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment